Couscous with Mushrooms and Herbs
Paula from bell’alimento highlights that mushrooms can become the centerpiece of a meal with the help of a few pantry staples.
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms – quartered
- ½ onion – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- one 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
What You Do
- In a medium saucepan heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Reserve ½ mushroom mixture to top plates with prior to plating.
- To the mushroom mixture add water, salt and bring to a boil. Add couscous. Stir to combine. Cover pan and remove from heat. Set aside until liquid has been absorbed. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Add herbs, stir together with fork. Serve immediately.