Chinese Chicken Salad with Golden Potatoes and Shiitake Mushrooms
Asian flavors pop in this salad with crunchy veggies, creamy yellow potatoes and umami-packed shiitake mushrooms. Enjoy for lunch or a light dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
What You Need
- 1 package Side Delights Steamables Golden Potatoes, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 6 to 8 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small chicken breasts
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup green onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Store-bought Asian-style dressing
- Cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
What You Do
- Cut potatoes into quarters and set aside. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil and sliced shiitakes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow mushrooms to cool completely.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and heat until rippling. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook another 5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F as measured with a food thermometer.* Remove chicken from the skillet, allow to cool slightly, and cut into strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together except dressing. Dress to taste. Divide portions evenly onto four plates and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.