Basic Mushroom Meat Blend
What You Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
What You Do
- Place a 12-inch frying pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add the mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Add half the salt to the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has evaporated (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add the ground meat and remaining salt. Stir well to break up the meat and sauté until the meat is cooked through, about another 10 minutes. Add water as needed if mixture is dry.
Use in recipes as you would use ground meat.